Tour Of Homes Recap
Monday, December 12, 2011
LAKEWOOD RANCH 2011 TOUR OF HOMES UPDATE
Record-breaking numbers of visitors came to Lakewood Ranch for the 14th annual Tour of Homes, held from Nov. 4-20. The tour featured a variety of activities and events that highlighted Lakewood Ranch as a great place to live, work, learn, play and shop. There were 41 models to see and tour on the Ranch—more than ever before; up 13 from last year.
During the tour, 2824 people visited Lakewood Ranch models and information centers, compared to 2771 in 2010 and 1137 in 2009. “We had more models in the tour this year than ever before,” said Lisa Barnott, Lakewood Ranch’s director of events, publications and community affairs. “We also featured several new events that brought a new crowd out to the ranch— like the International Beer festival and an Asolo Rep performance on Main Street.”
More than 350 homes have been sold in Lakewood Ranch since Jan. 1 through Nov. 20, with 24 being sold or reserved during the Tour of Homes, a 63 percent increase from this time last year. Thirteen models were new this year with eight more planned for next year.
In this, our 16th year as a community, we’ve achieved some significant milestones:
• More than 20,000 people have visited Lakewood Ranch information centers and models since the start of 2011—a 60 percent increase from this time last year, and the number of visitors is translating into a 240 percent increase in sales over this time last year. Lakewood Ranch is leading the region and the nation in real estate recovery.
• Lakewood Ranch was ranked the 12th best selling master-planned community in the United States and the second best in the state of Florida by a national real estate consulting firm.
• The launch of the Premier Sports Campus in Lakewood Ranch, a multi-purpose facility that is home to 22 full-sized, mixed-use fields for soccer, lacrosse and other amateur sports, featuring Celebration grass and underground irrigation. The complex is used for amateur and professional top-flight and world-class sporting tournaments, events, camps and clinics.
• The Parade of Homes awarded Lakewood Ranch the “Best Development” recognition.
• The LECOM School of Dental Medicine broke ground on its 110,000-square-foot building, expected to cost $52 million and to be completed in 2012.
• Commercial construction has exploded north of State Road 70, with more $100 million in growth expected over the next year.
• New and fantastic shops and restaurants are now open on Main Street. If you have a sweet tooth, Pastries by Design offers custom cakes and cupcakes, and then you can work them off at Athletic Edge Sports—a private fitness consulting and sports performance gym. The popular breakfast and lunch restaurant in downtown Sarasota, Station 400 is opening a second location on Main Street this month, and the Viking Culinary Center is a must see for anyone who enjoys food or cooking it! Also coming soon are a martial arts studio, and Pinchers Crab and Seafood Restaurant. All are great additions to our other Main Street offerings.
Lakewood Ranch is the 8,500-acre award winning master-planned community in Sarasota and Manatee counties on the West Coast of Florida. Just minutes from the Gulf Coast beaches, and cultural assets in Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch is already home to more 15,000 residents and features A-rated schools, a hospital, the Sarasota Polo Club, a 75 acre sports complex, its own Main Street with theaters, shopping and dining, and four million square feet of commercial property. For more information visit www.lakewoodranch.com.