Restaurants of every type are mere steps away, from fine dining to family entertainment. Nightclubs and shopping are also favorite pastimes of many Ranch residents. Clubs and organizations - more than 70 right here in Lakewood Ranch - are a novel way to make new friends and explore your favored interests. Whatever your taste, you will find no shortage of entertainment for the entire family.
- The Sarasota Ballet, the Sarasota Orchestra, the Sarasota Opera and our own Jazz Festival are both critical and fan favorites.
- The Asolo Center for the Performing Arts, the Banyan Theater Company and the Florida Studio Theater feature locally produced equity productions. And they're just the start of a thriving theater scene.
- The Ringling International Arts Festival collaboration between the Ringling Museum and the Baryshnikov Arts Center of New York is a multidisciplinary performance festival that has its inaugural this year.
- From the Best of Broadway to rock concerts, from classical concerts to comedians, the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall is a local treasure.
- The Sarasota International Film Festival, the nation's fastest-growing film festival, brings out the stars to showcase independent and international features, shorts and documentaries.
- You'll laugh till you ache at McCurdy's Comedy Club, a must-play venue for the country's top comedians.
- Multiplex movie theaters that show the best of Hollywood, independent and foreign films.
Let our team create a unique, personalized tour just for you.